#yahoogroups #yahoo #yaboo #yahoo #yaboo #yahoogroups

Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020.

Understand and use data downloaded from Yahoo Groups

When you use Yahoo Groups Download Manager to download your Groups data, you'll receive a .zip file that contains one or more of the following types of files:

  1. JSON - Files containing data including comments and media metadata, which can be opened using a plain text editor to view raw data, or opened using a JSON parser, which takes your data and makes it readable.

  2. ICS - Files containing Groups events, saved in a universal calendar file format that can be opened by many calendar applications such as Google Calendar or Apple Calendar.

  3. MBOX - Files containing Yahoo Groups messages that can be read by desktop mail clients like Thunderbird, Outlook, or Apple Mail.

No matter which type of file is returned, you'll receive the data within a .zip file. Once you open the .zip file, you can either view the raw data as-is or use third-party software as noted above to view your data in a more friendly format.

Though we can't provide advice or recommendations for specific third-party applications to use, you can do a web search for "MBOX parser," "JSON parser," or "ICS parser". Once you've found the appropriate site or application, follow the directions provided by the company that owns the parser application and review that company's customer support site for any additional questions.

As a reminder, all Groups content will be removed from the site on December 14, however, we will continue to process requests for your data until January 31, 2020. If you experience any issues with the content of the download, please reach out to our escalation team at YahooGroupsEscalations@....

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members.

aicap-aifap Group Email Addresses

angelgoddess-newsmuse Group Email Addresses

Join main@aicap-aifap.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.