Topics

Legal Newsclips

AICAP <legal.mail@...>

News Tracker Alert: Newsclips
Sat Apr 27 11:08:30 2002
--------------------------------------

April 27, 2002
Opinion: Fatal Flaws in the Justice System
NYT
By DAVID FEIGE
As we continue to lock people up longer, faster and
with fewer safeguards, we run an ever greater risk that
justice is routinely not being served.

Full Story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/27/opinion/27FEIG.html?tntemail0

April 27, 2002
New York Region: Dispute That Prevented New Jersey
Deportations Is Resolved
NYT
By SUSAN SACHS
Civil rights lawyers and the Justice Department on
Friday settled a dispute over the deportation of
foreign prisoners in New Jersey.

Full Story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/27/nyregion/27DEPO.html?tntemail0

April 27, 2002
Business: 100-Month Sentence in Securities Fraud
NYT
By BLOOMBERG NEWS
Randolph Pace was sentenced to eight years and four
months in prison for duping thousands of investors out
of more than $130 million.

Full Story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/27/business/27PACE.html?tntemail0

April 26, 2002
International: Plane-Spotters Were Spying, Judge Rules,
but They Go Free
NYT
By WARREN HOGE
A group of British tourists pursuing their hobby of
plane-spotting found themselves convicted in a Greek
court today on charges of spying.

Full Story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/26/international/26CND-PLAN.html?
tntemail0

Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company