Topics

[PRISON-LIB]

AICAP <legal.mail@...>

From: Phalbe Henriksen <bradford@neflin.org>
Subject: Re: read to me programs

This might be a very good opportunity to point out
nationally that the
courts do not recognize prisons as primary residences
for copyright
purposes. Lots of other institutions are covered, but,
I guess, prisons
must not have had the advocacy when they needed it. So,
we have that
"public performance rights" issue with videos in
prisons. I think there
needs to be a change. Who in the world needs to watch
good videos more than
inmates????

Phalbe - who doesn't care if this doesn't represent the
opinion of her
employers!

At 01:29 PM 4/24/02 -0500, you wrote:
Hello, A reporter from NBC called me today looking
for a correctional
institution/library that is using videos with their
read to me program for
incarcerated parents. She is based in Atlanta and
would like to find one
in the southeast U.S. if possible. Let me know and
I'll get in touch with
her. Thanks, Marie

--
Marie J. Albertson